New York Forum 2018
The UK & Americas team hosted their New York Forum on Thursday, 7 June 2018.
The forum was centred around a major casualty scenario involving the collision of a US flag container ship and foreign flag tanker off the coast of Boston, Massachusetts.
As the major casualty scenario developed, our event speakers provided an insight into several current industry issues, including cybersecurity, media response, sanctions, and ballast water waste management enforcement.
Please click on the relevant links below to watch the topics discussed by our speakers at our forum.
- Maritime Cyber Security: Cyber Awareness and Resilience
- US Sanctions Against Russia: The Current Status
- Global Risks & Geopolitical Strategies 2020
- US Ballast Water Management Regulations - Requirements, Compliance and a few things in-between
- Media Issues affecting the Maritime Industry
Personal injury and cargo claims, charterparty disputes, contracting issues and specialist operations were also discussed during our breakout sessions.
Please click on the relevant links below to access the handouts given at our forum.
- Event programme & Speaker information
- Topic discussion: People's Claims
- Topic discussion: Charter Party Disputes & Cargo Claims PART1
- Topic discussion: Charter Party Disputes & Cargo Claims PART2
- Topic discussion: Charter Party Disputes & Cargo Claims PART3
- Topic discussion: Charter Party Disputes & Cargo Claims PART4
- Topic discussion: Pooling Agreement, Specialist Ops & Contracting
- Pooling Appendix - part 1
- Pooling Appendix - part 2
- Pooling Appendix - part 3
Our guest speakers were:
- Eddy Morland, The Standard Club
- Leanne O’Loughlin, The Standard Club
- Bill Juska, Freehill Hogan & Mahar LLP
- John Sitilides, Trilogy Advisors LLC
- Capt. Nishit Kapoor, ECM Maritime Services LLC
- Darrell Wilson and Jim Lawrence, MTI Network USA
If you would be interested in attending forums within America & Canada, please click here to register your interest.
Category: Major Casualty Management