Our war risks insurance products are designed to protect ships against loss or malicious damage caused by a third party, where such loss and damage are not normally covered by Hull and Machinery policies.
They cover damage or loss caused by:
- war, civil war, revolution, rebellion, insurrection, or any hostile act
- capture, seizure, arrest, restraint or detainment
- derelict weapons of war (mines, torpedoes, bombs)
- strikers, locked-out workmen, riots or civil commotions
- any terrorist or any person acting maliciously or from a political motive
- confiscation or expropriation
- violent theft by persons from outside the vessel
- misconduct of masters, officers or crew
- EU Passenger Liability Regulation (PLR War)
- discretionary claims
We provide war risks insurance in two ways:
How do I get a quote?
Contact our underwriting team.