Standard Club has merged with North to form NorthStandard. Find out more about NorthStandard here or continue on this site to access industry news, publications and expertise, as well as club rules and contacts.
Our war risks insurance products are designed to protect ships against loss or malicious damage caused by a third party, where such loss and damage are not normally covered by Hull and Machinery policies.
They cover damage or loss caused by:
- war, civil war, revolution, rebellion, insurrection, or any hostile act
- capture, seizure, arrest, restraint or detainment
- derelict weapons of war (mines, torpedoes, bombs)
- strikers, locked-out workmen, riots or civil commotions
- any terrorist or any person acting maliciously or from a political motive
- confiscation or expropriation
- violent theft by persons from outside the vessel
- misconduct of masters, officers or crew
- EU Passenger Liability Regulation (PLR War)
- discretionary claims
We provide war risks insurance in two ways:
To get a quote, get in touch with one of the below contacts or our underwriting team.