Vehicle Carrier Safety Forum
Together with other maritime insurers and stakeholders, we helped to set up the Vehicle Carrier Safety Forum (VCSF) in 2021. This is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that is for and run by operators of roll-on roll-off ships and pure car/truck carriers.
The forum’s key objective is to connect owners and operators in an open and positive environment, enabling them to discuss and highlight operational and cargo-related issues so they can improve safety in the vehicle carrier industry.
What VCSF does
VCSF aims to achieve its objectives by:
- collecting and sharing information on operational and cargo-related incidents
- analysing incident information to establish areas of concern and trends
- highlighting risks of certain vehicles, cargoes and operations
- identifying specific issues that may require action
- suggesting loss prevention measures
- developing good practice guidelines.
A representative of our loss prevention team attends all forum meetings.