View Russia / Ukraine conflict updates here
Vehicle Carrier Safety Forum
Together with other maritime insurers and stakeholders, we helped to set up the Vehicle Carrier Safety Forum (VCSF) in 2021. This is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that is for and run by operators of roll-on roll-off ships and pure car/truck carriers.
The forum’s key objective is to connect owners and operators in an open and positive environment, enabling them to discuss and highlight operational and cargo-related issues so they can improve safety in the vehicle carrier industry.
What VCSF does
VCSF aims to achieve its objectives by:
- collecting and sharing information on operational and cargo-related incidents
- analysing incident information to establish areas of concern and trends
- highlighting risks of certain vehicles, cargoes and operations
- identifying specific issues that may require action
- suggesting loss prevention measures
- developing good practice guidelines.
A representative of our loss prevention team attends all forum meetings.