Standard Club has merged with North to form NorthStandard. Find out more about NorthStandard here or continue on this site to access industry news, publications and expertise, as well as club rules and contacts.
Webinar: Standard Club Seafarer Wellbeing Series: A discussion with The Mission to Seafarers
Events & Training 2 June 2020
Thank you to those who joined the second webinar in our Seafarer Wellbeing series. Captain John Dolan, Deputy Director of Loss Prevention addressed the Day of the Seafarer 2020 with The Revd Canon Andrew Wright, Secretary General, and Ben Bailey, Director of Advocacy & Regional Engagement of The Mission to Seafarers, discussing various issues affecting those at sea and onshore, and what the Mission and the industry are doing to support these issues.
To mark the UN Day of the Seafarer, Captain John Dolan, Deputy Director of Loss Prevention, hosted the second webinar in the Standard Club seafarer wellbeing series, together with The Revd Canon Andrew Wright, Secretary General, and Ben Bailey, Director of Advocacy & Regional Engagement of The Mission to Seafarers. The discussion covers various elements of seafarer wellbeing, including the organisation's experience so far in supporting seafarers and their families through the current world health pandemic, key issues and support available from the organisation and wider industry.
The live webinar covered the following topics:
- Key issues for those at sea during current times including;
- Financial concerns,
- Mental wellbeing concerns and support,
- Family support,
- Concerns about returning home,
- The Mission to Seafarers' support and response to COVID-19
- Discussion on what needs to be learned and implemented to further support seafarers and their families including legislation.
- Captain John Dolan, Deputy Director of Loss Prevention at Standard Club
- James Bean, Managing Director at Standard UK
- The Revd Canon Andrew Wright, Secretary General at The Mission to Seafarers
- Ben Bailey, Director of Advocacy & Regional Engagement at The Mission to Seafarers
Watch here. Recorded on Thursday 25 June, 2020 at 12:00pm BST, 19:00pm SGT.
Category: Loss Prevention