View Russia / Ukraine conflict updates here
Publication: A guide to key offshore jurisdictions
News & Insights 20 November 2019
A new guide in which we consider how the law in a particular jurisdiction may impact the enforceability of key contractual provisions, updated for 2019.
With our members regularly exploring new opportunities in diverse territories we are frequently asked how the law in a particular jurisdiction may impact the enforceability of key contractual provisions.
Having extensively engaged with our contacts around the world, we thought that we would share our findings with the wider membership and so have produced a new guide in which we consider these issues in fifteen separate regions. This guide therefore provides a snapshot view for the selected countries, where we consider:
- the right to limit liability
- specifically, the right to limit liability in respect of wreck
- the application and geographical reach of the Bunkers Convention, CLC Convention, Wreck Removal Convention, Maritime Labour Convention or any related domestic legislation
- the enforceability of knock-for-knock provisions in a contract and whether there are any gross negligence or wilful misconduct exceptions to this
- the applicability of time bars in respect of tort, contract and personal injury
The jurisdictions covered are:
The full guide is available on the right, and in hard copy on request to your usual club contact.
Category: Offshore & Renewables