Standard Club has merged with North to form NorthStandard. Find out more about NorthStandard here or continue on this site to access industry news, publications and expertise, as well as club rules and contacts.
News: COVID-19 - Spread to 87 countries
News & Insights 6 March 2020
The International Chamber of Shipping (ICS) has issued a new guidance for the global shipping industry to help combat the spread of the virus.
The latest COVID-19 situation dashboard issued by WHO shows that confirmed cases have now been reported from 87 member states.
The International Chamber of Shipping (ICS) has issued a new guidance for the global shipping industry to help combat the spread of the virus. The comprehensive 22-page document has been produced in collaboration with prominent international bodies including:
- The World Health Organization (WHO)
- The International Maritime Organization (IMO)
- The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)
- The International Maritime Health Association (IMHA)
Among a raft of measures highlighted in the guidance the document contains advice on:
- managing port entry restrictions
- practical protective measures against COVID-19 for seafarers
- guidance on development of an Outbreak Management Plan
- information on port entry restrictions, pre-boarding screening
- education and what to do in suspected cases of infection
- advice on hygiene measures for seafarers on ships
- managing high risk exposure and case handling
- isolation and cleaning
- disinfection and waste management.
The guidance also comes with posters which can be printed out and placed onboard ships as well as a sample pre-boarding passenger locator form and a WHO COVID-19 Support and Logistics Supplies List.
The guide is available for download on the right.
More information is available on the ICS website.
Members may contact their club contact in case they need any assistance.
カテゴリ: COVID-19, Loss Prevention