Webinar: Live Q&A - A Master's Guide to Hatch cover maintenance
To follow on from the launch, the reviewers of this guide were joined by panelists from IMCS Group and Lloyd’s Register for a discussion on the topic of hatch cover maintenance. They also answer questions provided by our live audience.
As part of the Standard Club Loss Prevention department’s continuing commitment to safety at sea, a number of ‘Master’s Guides’ have been produced in recent years. We recently published the third version of A Master's Guide to Hatch cover maintenance. This revised version provides further information about the type of hatch covers commonly used on merchant vessels, emphasizes the importance of vessel’s cargoworthiness and shares loss prevention advice on preventing cargo damage resulting from hatch cover defects.
To follow on from the launch, the reviewers of this guide hosted a live webinar where they were joined by panelists from IMCS Group and Lloyd’s Register for a discussion on the topic of hatch cover maintenance. They also answered questions provided by our live audience.
Discussions were focused on the following topics:
• Claims data relating to hatch cover maintenance issues
• Statistics from hatch cover surveys
• Main areas of concern from class perspective on hatch cover maintenance
• Differences between watertight & weathertight hatch covers
• Different types of leak detection tests
• Commonly noted hatch cover defects
• Do’s and Don’ts in relation to hatch cover repairs
• Focal points and common errors when carrying out tightness test
- Capt. Yves Vandenborn, Director of Loss Prevention, Standard Club
- Capt. Akshat Arora, Senior Surveyor, Standard Club
- Capt. Walter Vervloesem, Chairman, IMCS Group
- Richard Beckett, Global head of Technology – Survey and Inspection, Lloyd’s Register
The live webinar was held on on Wednesday 14 July, 2021 at 9:00 BST / 16:00 SGT.
カテゴリー: Loss Prevention