Speaking: Marine Insurance Nordics
Standard Club's industry experts on the topic of Sanctions and Autonomous Shipping, will join panel discussions across the Marine Insurance Nordics event, from 4-6 May.
Specifically designed to bring together all the key players in the marine insurance market from Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Iceland, Marine Insurance Nordics will feature a range of senior speakers discussing, debating and offering actionable insights into the issues affecting the region in 2021 and beyond.
Tuesday 4th May
16.25-17.10 CET Panel discussion: Autonomous Vessels – out on your own
The idea of a vessel sailing the high seas without anyone on board may seem the stuff of fantasy, but it is fast becoming a very real possibility. There are many stages to go through on the journey towards full automation, however. This session will look at both the opportunities and risks resulting from increasing dependence on technology to drive shipping and asks how the marine insurance sector can play its part as an enabler and as a risk mitigator.
- Callum O'Brien, Underwriter, European Division, Standard Club
- Jarle Fosen, Senior Loss Prevention Executive, Gard AS
- Pia Meling, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Masterly
- Odd Magne Nesvåg, Technical Responsible – Ship Systems & Components Høvik, Maritime, DNV A
Thursday 6th May
15.00-16.00 CET Panel Discussion: Geopolitics and Sanctions – Keeping the Right Side of The Law
New sanctions are emerging all the time and old sanctions are being re-imposed, all of it creating a legal minefield for shipping and its insurers. With insurers often seen as easy targets by the regulators, how can the sector keep abreast of the changes and on the right side of the law? Shipping necessarily involves long chains of business, creating extra challenges for the insurers creating suitable policies and settling claims. This session will review the latest sanctions rules, including a view on the likely path of the new White House team and look at how insurers can work with their insureds.
- Gina Venezia, General Counsel, Standard Club
- Jason Waguespack, Director, Galloway, Johnson, Tompkins, Burr & Smith
- Mark Church, Director (FD&D) and Head of Sustainability, North of England P&I Club
Find out more about this event here.