View Russia / Ukraine conflict updates here
Web Alert: Special Safety Inspections in Xiamen, China
News & Insights 5 June 2017
The China MSA has recently issued a notice (No. 502 of 2017) on special inspections to be undertaken by PSC authorities on ships calling Xiamen.
The China MSA has recently issued a notice (No. 502 of 2017) on special inspections to be undertaken by PSC authorities on ships calling Xiamen as follows:
- From 1 June 2017 until 5 September 2017 - Special Safety Inspection for all Chinese ships.
- From 1 August 2017 until 5 September 2017 - Special Security Inspection for all foreign flagged ships.
The Chinese ships are also required to provide special information to the local MSA before departing from their last port. If the last port is a foreign port, the Chinese ships are required to provide this information when handling port entry formalities at Xiamen.
The checklist for special inspection is provided in the attached MSA notice for member’s reference.
The waters defined under the administration and control of Xiamen includes coastal waters surrounding Xiamen island and partial sea areas of Xiamen port, i.e. sea areas surrounded by the following lines, coastlines and islands:
- Western boundary line: Xiamen-Zhangzhou Sea-Crossing Bridge;
- Eastern boundary line: the line connecting Dadeng Island, Xiaodeng Island, Jiaoyu Island and the northeast corner of Jinmen;
- Southern boundary line: the line connecting Houshi Terminal, southern end of Wuyu Island, Jiujiejiao and the southeast corner of Little Jinmen. Including Haicang harbor area, Dondu harbor area, Zhaoyin harbor area, Xiangan harbor area and Houshi harbor area, etc of Xiamen port.
Members with ships calling Xiamen during this period are recommended to refer to the attached notice and prepare the ships accordingly for the special inspection. For additional information, please find attached information bulletin issued by CCS class.