News: Singapore Crew Change Enhancements and Guidebook
06 April 2021
Singapore MPA will consider the following circumstances for crew change applications in Singapore:
• Crew whose employment contract has expired;
• Additional crew on board whose sign-off would not affect the safe manning of the ship;
• Change of crew due to the sale or purchase of ship;
• Personnel who are not part of the ship’s crew such as superintendents and service engineers;
• Compassionate grounds e.g. death of family member; or
• The crew is no longer medically fit to work onboard the ship
Applications for crew change must be made at least 14 days in advance in line with the requirements of the latest MPA Port Marine Circular PMC 10 of 2021 or at least 7 days in advance, for crew who undergo the protocol under the STAR CrewSafe accredited facilities.
Singapore Crew Change Work Group (SGCC WG) has updated the Singapore Crew Change Guidebook (SGCCG) to reflect the updates.
Version 6 of the SGCCG along with PMC 10 of 2021 are available for download on the right.