News: Standard Club is proud to support The Mission to Seafarers' Flying Angel Campaign as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic
05 October 2020
We recognise seafarers as key workers, it is the maritime trade that must continue ceaselessly to supply the world with food, medical supplies and goods whilst there has been an unprecedented standstill in many parts of the globe. It is essential that we provide them with the right support throughout the current pandemic.
We are therefore proud to support The Mission to Seafarers' Flying Angel Campaign in response to COVID-19.
The Mission has carefully reviewed the needs of seafarers at this time, and have identified some key areas where support will continue to be needed for some time to come. Funds raised will support the following areas:
- Digital Chaplaincy (Chat to a Chaplain)
- Listening to seafarers; Seafarers’ Happiness Index App
- MiFi Internet Units for onboard communications
Resilience in Ports
- PPE global provisionMinibus adaptations
- Seafarer-safe Centres Fund
- Advocacy – representing seafarers
Find out more about the campaign, how you can offer your support, and how to access the vital services here.
View the campaign brochure, linked on the right.