- Master Mariner
- Over 20 years' sea going experience. Command experience and served on various vessel types such as passenger, Ro/Ro Passenger, container, multi-purpose and AHTS vessels, including both liner and world-wide tramping trades.
- Marine Consultant for London Offshore Consultants with prime role focus on casualty investigation and providing expert reports for use in litigation, arbitration and mediation.
- Previously a marine surveyor with the Isle of Man Government, extensive practical experience as an ISM & ISPS auditor performing verification audits of ships and office, International Labour Organisation and Flag inspections of various ship types including commercial yachts. Also carrying out Flag casualty investigations.
- Previously worked as Deputy Harbour Master and was a licensed pilot. Working knowledge of the Port Marine Safety Code (PMSC) and has dealt with MCA coded small commercial vessels.
- Proficient ship handler and held Pilot exemptions for ports in the Persian Gulf and Europe.