London International Shipping Week 2017
London, 13 September 2017
As part of our Platinum Sponsorship with LISW, we hosted a topical breakfast debate on Wednesday 13 September, where we discussed whether London is set to become the global shipping service centre after Brexit.
Our event was chaired by Julian Bray, editor in chief at TradeWinds and our confirmed speakers were:
- Euripides L Evriviades, High Commissioner for the Republic of Cyprus
- Kwasi Kwarteng, MP for Spelthorne
- Michael Elwert, CEO, Elektrans Group Singapore
- Nicholas Fairfax, 14th Lord Fairfax of Cameron, Director, Sovcomflot UK
- Philipp Wuenschmann, Head of Shipping, Berenberg Bank
The event was a huge success; you can read the various reports from the press using the links below or the full article on the right, reproduced with kind permission.
Pragmatic outlook for the impact of Brexit on shipping - Fairplay
Highlights from London International Shipping Week - Infomarine
Highlights from London International Shipping Week - The Maritime Executive
London’s dominance as a global shipping service centre questioned - Tanker Operator
London’s future as the preeminent global shipping service centre is up for debate post Brexit - London International Shipping Week.
Please click here to watch a video of our breakfast debate.