The club comprises members from the international shipping community and seeks to follow good governance principles that would be generally recognised throughout world markets.
The club and its subsidiaries are regulated in the UK, Bermuda and Singapore as insurance operations, and the club has had particular regard for the requirements of these countries in arriving at its current practices.
These include policies on:
- board role, composition and conduct
- systems and controls
- apportionment of responsibilities
- communication with members
- conflicts of interest and related party transactions
- internal controls and internal audit
- risk assessment and management
- business and ethical values
- the environment
- health and safety
- business continuity
The roles and responsibilities of the board and committees are set out in the matters reserved and terms of reference documents.
Please read the Corporate Governance statement for further details.